- Merck Penalties Top $900 Million in Criminal and Civil Fines
Windfall for taxpayers, federal and state health care programs
Misbranding involves hawking the benefits of a prescription drug without government approval or even claiming the drug can do something it cannot. Once a drug gets FDA approval it cannot be marketed or promoted for “off-label” uses.
- Ponzi Scheme Targets Senior Investors for Over $7 Million
Richard H. Nickles of California sentenced to 12 years in prison
Fifty-nine year old Richard H. Nickles, owner of Innovative Advisory Services, Inc. in Santa Ana, CA, was sentenced to 12 years in federal prison. The Ponzi scheme run by Nickles collected over $10 million. Many of the scam victims were elderly...
- If the Shoe Fits - Skechers to Pay $40 Million in Settlement with FTC
“Toning Shoes”, ”Resistance Runners”, “Toners”, and “Tone-ups” shoes by Skechers appear to be on shaky advertising ground.
- Update your Software at Home and Avoid Vacation Cybercrime
Computer malware picked up while on holiday makes a poor souvenir
Cyber criminals hope you will relax on your vacation and not worry about software threats. This leaves them an opening to get malware installed on your laptop computer while you think you are updating software.
- Grandparent Scam Proves Tried and True for Fraudsters
- Fake Debt Collector Calls - Know When to Hang Up
- Dietary Products Seized by FDA
- The IRS "Dirty Dozen" Scam List for 2012
- Elderly Investors’ Life Savings Vanish
Five A & O Resource Management employees sentenced for there roles in $100 million fraud scheme
Five A & O Resource Management employees sentenced for there roles in $100 million fraud scheme. We work hard and invest wisely to build a nest egg for our golden retirement years so we sure do not want someone else enjoying the fruits of our labors!
- Veterans: Scammed and Scam Bait
Free Veteran Aid & Attendance Pension Application Help Lures Families to Pay for Other Services
Aging veterans and their families may face scams as they apply for the Aid & Attendance benefit. Crooks aim to get personal information and investments scam information in excahnge for free help in the application process...