- Alarming Growth in Financial Crimes Targeting Elderly
Major Elder Crime Issues
- Food Recalls: How Safe Is Our Food Supply?
2009 Largest Food Recall in U.S. History
- Alzheimer’s Diagnosis at What Cost?
Families no longer have to wait to find out if their elderly loved one has Alzheimer’s.
- Hang Up on “Cardholder Services” Scam Calls
Federal Trade Commission Gets Court Orders to Disconnect Five
- Fake Help Desk Tech Support Scams Exposed
- Reebok Settles Unsupported “Micro Instability” Claims
Settlement prohibits overhyped advertising claims that Reebok "Toning Shoes" strengthen & tone muscles
- Precious Metals Scheme Investigated, Charged
Alleged $10 million deceptive investment scheme predominantly targeted elderly consumers
The Federal Trade Commission filed a complaint against Sterling Precious Metals LLC, Matthew Meyer, Francis Ryan Zofay, and Kerry Marshall. The FTC charges the defendants with using telemarketing operation of deceptive investment schemes to defraud victims, most of them elderly, of over $10 million.
- Lottery Scam Targeting Seniors Stopped
Two Canadian Citizens Pled Guilty
According to the FBI investigation, Atkinson and Stewart created a scheme to call elderly U.S. citizens and convince them to send in money in order to collect sweepstakes prize or lottery winnings money that did not exist.
- "Forensic Audit" Scam Presents New Twist on Foreclosure Rescue Fraud
FTC Action Halts Alleged "Forensic Audit" Fraud
- Canadians Sentenced in Elder Fraud Scam
Royal Canadian Mounted Police and the North Carolina Attorney General’s Office put stop to scam