- Beware Holiday Scams and Malware
Shop Safely Online
We can buy gifts while wearing our slippers in just a few clicks. The down side comes in the form of fraud for as the holiday shopping picks up so do the holiday
- Big Enough for News, Big Enough for Scams
Philippines typhoon disaster big enough for scams
- Medicare Fraud and The Affordable Care Act
Three Medicare Cases Settled
- Does Your Pharmacy Have a Financial Interest in a Product?
Walgreens, CVS and Rite Aid charged with deceptive advertising
It could be that the pharmacies charged with deceptive advertising were just following what they were told about the product. They should do better and consumers need to beware of claims that sound to good to be true.
- "My Social Security" Accounts at Risk
Fraud Redirects Social Security Benefits
- Affordable Care Act Based Fraud
Scams use ObamaCare for ID theft
The Affordable Care Act, or Obamacare as many call it, began open enrollment this week and scammers started using this as a way to gather and steal personal information for their gain and your loss. The scams use the Affordable Care Act and the Health Insurance Exchange or Marketplace as a way to fool the American public into giving away personal information.
- Are Seniors More Susceptible to Fraud?
Yes, but here are tips to help
The idea that later years are golden has lately gotten a bit tarnished. Here are some fraud prevention ideas for you and your aging loved ones...
- Elder Fraud Focus: Telemarketing Scams
Telemarketing Fraud Against The Elderly
- Colorado Flood Fraud Alert
- Department of Homeland Security Malware Scam
Increased reports involving DHS themed ransomware
The United States Computer Emergency Readiness Team (US-CERT) warns of increased reports involving malware targeting users with Department of Homeland Security (DHS) themed ransomware.